Saturday, August 4, 2012

It's About Time...

Well, I've been busy.  Later I will post pictures of the sewing projects I have created this summer for our "grand loves" for their birthdays.  It is fun to make clothes for them now while their moms like the stuff I make and the children are too young to turn up their noses at things.  Although, our grand daughter DOES insist on things having a "Princess" quality to them to meet her approval.

Now on to the main attraction - CARD making with SHEILA from She's A Sassy Lady.  Sheila has wonderful tutorials for the Cricut Gypsy machine.  She has been patiently making videos and putting up WONderful pictures and step-by-step instructions on her blog on how to make cards (and envelopes) for the past few months.  THIS week, she challenged us to link up a card we made using some of the techniques we had learned from her tutorials.  So, here goes nothing:

I used "Dotty For You" papers from Close To My Heart (CTMH)
Design was created with Cricut "Ashlyn's Alphabet" cartridge
Sizzix Big Kick embossing added some dimension
More Dotty paper and CTMH stamping

All the stamping was done using Tulip, a retired CTMH color

Sheila always says, "Why make one card, when you can just as easily make two?"
Another view of the two finished cards - next up, matching envelopes!





Oops, I forgot to tell you that I used Zots Dots to raise the teapots up from the card front a little bit to accentuate the dimensional aspect.  Here is the picture that shows that:

Also, you'll notice the yellow dot paper inside each card.  That adds a little more interest, provides a place to write a note to someone, and lightens up the inside of the card,  While I really liked the floral side of the paper used for the outside of the card, the green dot pattern on the other side was just so-so in my book.  So I was glad to find another color to use on top of it.  I hope you have enjoyed my expanded presentation.  Many thanks to Sheila for all the terrific tutorials and inspiration!









2 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow your cards are amazing, Love the design and the colors that you chose then look at that you even made them two up! You have been watching and learning! Thank you for sharing with us today at She's A Sassy Lady!

Boopster said...

As you always say, "Thanks for your sweet words of encouragement". Truly, that is what makes the difference to us all - that we encourage each other on our journeys. Thanks again for your great tutorials!