Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer Sewing and Knitting

Taking a break from card making, here are a few things sewn this summer for my grandchildren:


Summer Nightgown
Detail of yolk and sleeves

Flannel Nightgown
 
Ribbon Detail at bodice
Cat friend - there was extra fabric
Hand embroidered face - M-E-O-O-W!

Summer boy's pajamas

There is a little stuffed dog toy to go with my grandson's pj's, unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it.

While we were visiting our family in California, our photographer daughter asked me to make one of my photo prop pea pods.  So here it is:

Entire Pea Pod, made 22 inches long

Detail of top - instead of knitting all the way up, I purled the last 5 rows.
The pea pod is made of worsted weight acrylic yarn, very soft.  My daughter used it at her photo shoot and was very pleased with how it worked.

Thanks for looking and have a blessed summer.  Hard to believe some of our children are already back in school!  Wow!

1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Awesome! You sure have been a busy camper! Thanks for sharing.