Friday, April 4, 2014

Days of Spring and a Facelift

Spring is certainly making an appearance - every day new blossoms shoot up, trees are leafing out and our GRASS is growing.  It seems folks can't WAIT to get out on their riding lawn mowers.

For quite awhile, now, I've been longing to clean up my craft room and I finally did it!  Our local cabinet maker Larry fixed me up with a GREAT set of cabinets.  Yesterday, my new HON task chair (sits higher than a regular desk chair) arrived from Costco and now I'm STYLIN'.  Here's what the room looked like in January:

The OLD Look
This is a view of the same wall this morning:

The NEW Look!
Yes, I realize it's a mess - but WHAT a mess!  To the left, the lower cabinets have 2 roll out shelves that hold my Cricut machine, cartridges, and 3 large organizers full of CTMH stamps.  The four drawers to the right hold my paper supplies, watercolors, and assorted implements of construction.  The upper cabinets go all the way to the ceiling, holding books, ink pads, scrapbooking papers and sets, my little crafting sewing machine, fabric, more painting supplies (paint box, drawing paper).  The cabinets at the VERY top hold extra things I couldn't bear to part with, but really don't need right now - and a bunch of plaques from awards at work, ha-ha!

NOW all I have to do is decide whether to leave the old white tables in the middle of the room (right now my new cutting board - 5' x 3' - is relaxing on one) or find another place for them.  Since my husband immediately covered the top table (the other one is a "typewriter return" on wheels that nests under the main table) with assorted cables, computer parts and "guy stuff", I suspect it may stay there!

I know you all are as excited as I am with all this new storage and a great work space.  Next up - custom made bookcase with sliding doors for the little cubby room that is my sewing haven!  Thanks for looking.  Adrienne

2 comments:

katrynka said...

Congrats!! I have SO far to go to get my craft and sewing stuff in shape!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow! How exciting and look how nice it looks. Enjoy your new space!